The Saratoga NFL Flag Football League has implemented the following Player, Parent, and Spectator Code of Conduct. Any player or parent who violates the Code of Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action by their team’s coach, in conjunction with this disciplinary action may include a temporary suspension from the program or the forfeiture of the privilege to participate in the program for the season.
Parent’s Code of Conduct (or Legal Guardian):
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of athletes.
- I will ask that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect at all times regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will respect the officials and coaches for their authority during games and practices.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the registered coaches for the team or specifically asked by one of the Team’s coaches for assistance.
If a fan/parent gets ejected from a game they must leave the facility. They will not be permitted to attend the next game on the schedule.
Player’s Code of Conduct:
- I will show respect to all coaches, game officials, parents, teammates and opposing players at all times, and will never act in a manner that is disrespectful to them or my team.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship regardless of the score or situation by acting in a positive manner towards coaches, officials and other players.
- I will follow the rules of the game to the best of my knowledge and refrain from purposely trying to harm or injure another player in competitive play.
- I will help clean the team area after games and keep the field clean during practices.
- I will display good sportsmanship and a commitment to my team at all times.
- I will shake hands with the other team and officials after games.
If a player gets ejected from a game they must leave the park immediately. That player will not be allowed to play in the following game, nor will they be allowed at the park for that game during the suspension. If a player is ejected from 2 games, that player will be suspended from the league. The SNFLFF Executive Board has the final say on the length of a suspension or removal from the league.